Carpets and Rugs can really add some colors and a great feel to your home. Whether if it is a large carpet or small one you own, you should know that it require some maintenance. Besides the aesthetic aspect which is probably important to you as well there is also another side. Unfortunately, carpets and rugs tend to absorb dust and stains which as you know provides the perfect place for bacterias to live in. If you have a dog or another pet in your house, than you should also consider ways to properly take care on your carpets, rugs and upholstery. We will provide you with some beneficial tips of how to keep your carpet or rug cleaner.
The proper tool you should use to clean your carpet is of course a vacuum cleaner. There are many types of brands and of vacuum cleaners out there. you should pick a good and solid vacuum cleaner, we recommend to choose a well known manufacturer with a proper service plan for the longest period of time that you can find. you could find. Choosing a vacuum cleaner is very important especially if you own more than 2-3 carpets or rugs. We recommend to vacuum your carpets and rugs at least once a week and perhaps more often on areas of heavy traffic. Cleaning your carpet frequently, will make your carpet last and will keep it in a better condition.
Do not rush things when you have to clean your carpet, make sure you have plenty of time to do so. If it's a large carpet or rug, divide the carpet's surface to smaller sections, work on every section separately and be comprehensive. One pass is certainly not enough, you need to repeat the action for a few times. When finished, you could then apply cleaning solutions to your carpet and follow the product's instructions carefully. It is critical that you will test any of your cleaning solutions on a small area of the carpet to make sure it will not damage your carpet. After applying, It is most common to vacuum your carpet again but to make sure, check the product's instructions or guide.
1. Try to clean the stains immediately, if you will catch it when it is fresh, the better chances to get rid of it.
2. Add a little bit of baking soda to the vacuum cleaner's bag to prevent Odor
3. When encountering tough stains, use a little bit of hot water and make sure to dry the area afterwards.
4. Work stains from the outside of the stain to the inside of it, in order to prevent it from spreading.
5. if you are not confident in doing any of these actions feel free to contact us to get a free quote.